Friday, July 4, 2008

Not Last Place!


This Morning I ran in a 5k in Magna. I had 3 goals: To not be last, to beat my old 5k time (35:oo or so), and to beat the big, fat, scary lady in a swimsuit and strechy pants. I accomplished 2, and yes, I did beat the swimsuit lady. There were some interesting people. Thee was a shrivled old man in really short green shorts. There was a boy in a Toga thing. And, of course, There was Afro Kenyan Headband Man. He talked to me for like half of the race, but I was so out of breath I couldn't really talk to him or all the police officers. But Of course the 2 skinny and athletic cousins(Meranda and Peter) had to show Aunt Chris and I up. Peter took 2nd out of all the people, and Meranda was up there to. And then I had to go do a Flag Ceremony at the church and my mom wouldn't let me shower. So, I am the big, giant sweaty kid, whose face is all red, who looks like he is going to pass out, in front of a whole bunch of people putting a flag up practically all by myself. Oh well, I guess you could say I am just an overachiever!!!!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Willie, you are my HERO that is awesome! I bet swimsuit lady would have beat me for sure!

Emily Stapley said...

wow. that sounds like oh so much fun! congrats on beating the big fat scary lady! haha.

Anonymous said...

Good job Willie. Hope your legs aren't too chapped! :) Enjoy Hannah Montana. - Haley