Saturday, July 5, 2008

No Comparison

When it comes to music I am a very opinionated. Last night at The Stadium of Fire, as I looked at Parker I could not tell if he was going to cry, pee his pants, or faint as he watched Miley Cyrus. The weird ladies in front of us with stupid kids. The little girl 3 or 4 seats over me who was totally rockin' out while her dad looked as if he didn't want to be there. The retarded family behind whom did a mix of dropping there stuff under my chair and either sitting on or spilling water on Parker and I, I came up with this; The Blue Man Group- More of a comedic group who uses music to entertain rather than a true "band". Don't get me wrong these guys are super cool. I mean they turn PVC pipes into cool drum type things, but they are not a true band. There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between the Hannah Montanas, Backstreet Boys, and Disney Channel teen pop stars of the world and The Gusters, Beatles, and Polices. Real bands do not need to prance around a stage and do weird dance type movements to be awesome. No, A true, real band does not have to move anything but their arms (to play their instruments) and mouths to rock. They rock with their music. In videos of The Beatles I've seen, there is about 10 times more screaming than at the Miley Cyrus concert. And they stay in one spot throughout the entire concert/show. I can only think of one exception to what I have said. Elvis. All I have to say is Elvis and, LOOK!, you are already humming an Elvis song in your head. He danced and sang! He is probably one of the greatest things to ever happen in the history of music. I know that some of you reading this are probably screaming at your monitor disagreeing. So write your own musical opinion. But the Stadium of Fire was super fun even if it wasn't my type of music I still enjoyed it. They had skydivers and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. And awesome fire works that when n for like a whole hour. It was a terrific way to end the 4th of July

Other Things
Only in BYU do you start off a concert with a prayer.

Dancers and Cheerleaders are a total waste of money

The best part of the whole night was this: They have 3 ladies sending shout outs to their husband currently serving in Iraq. Little do they know they are being broadcasted to their husbands via satellite. So they have a sort of reunion with their husbands. One of the husbands does they best thing ever. He holds up a University of Utah football Jersey and yells. GO UTES!!!!! That just made my day.

4 comments:

Emily Stapley said...

haha that is totally awesome!:D
go utes! :D

Anonymous said...

Good music commentary little brother - Haley.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming with us!!!!!!
Meranda

Anonymous said...

so, that was the longest blog post you've ever written. I'm glad that you like good music. I don't understand why you like American Idol and not Hannah Montana, but whatever.