Thursday, January 17, 2008

Disappointment makes you sad, but can only make you better

Today was not one of my best days. I was so tired. Today and yesterday I have woken up at 5:30 in the moring to go to basketball tryouts for my school. I made the first cuts but not the 2nd. My friend Austin who made it wanted to come over but I just told him to get on his bus because I wasn't in a very good mood. I only had two reasons to make they team. Number one was that I wanted to be on the team, and two I have a friend who plays for Brockbank and I really wanted to "stick it" to him and beat him. But now, till next year neither of those things will happen. I was sad and mad from about 3 to 6 and then I decided something. I thought this would turn out one of two ways. It would either A)Make me quit basketball altogether or B) make me prepare and get better to make it next year and become a better and more talented basketball player. After a very long time of thinking I decided to pick choice B. My two friends who made it were probally more sad than I was. But I told them it is 7th grade it doesn't matter. And that they better make because when they did I was going to go to every game and make sure they did the best they could.
Here are some very good quotes:
"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it" Michael Jordan

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability." John Wooden

"Disappointment, when it involves neither shame nor loss, is as good as success; for it supplies as many images to the mind, and as many topics to the tongue." - Samuel Johnson

Now I ahve only two things to say; Fedderson watch out for next year cause' you made a dumb decision!!! and; Henriod you are goin' down!!!

4 comments:

japetersen said...

What an awsome young man you are!
Love you tons!
Mom

japetersen said...

Oops -- I mean awesome.

Annie said...

way to go baby brother. You are such a strong and smart boy and when you are 7 feet tall next year, everyone better watch out.

Bing Math said...

It's okay boo-boo. Sometimes you just don't make it. We still like you. WHo is Henriod?