Saturday, April 25, 2009

Memories.

The title sounds like this this post is some lovey dovey documentary, but it is not.

Today we were cleaning our house and we found a lot of cool stuff. I found a scarf, basketball jerseys, and even my sling from when I broke my thumb. I also found my old 7th grade poem book. And I came across this

the brownish orange ball
that seems to call the neighborhood children
to the driveway
the bouncing that echoes throughout
the entire world
SLAM! to the ground with the sad
look of defeat
or the jumping and cheering when the buzzer
finally beeps
the sweet taste of victory
and the bitter, sour of the opposite
sweat and exhaustion at the end of every
game
tears, falling off faces like a rainstorm when
the end finally comes
they may say it’s only a game but for some
it is life
a life that ends dreaded for most
but joyous for only one
until the dinner bell rings
or it’s too dark to see
life ends
but for only a short time
when the sun has come up
heads and hopes now high
another new game has arrived

I got and A++. Isn't it touching. Doesn't it make you want to hug your basketball and cry and tell it how much you love it?

1 comment: